Model space not transferring to viewports

dmk127

I'm fairly new to AutoCad and have an older version (AutoCad LT 2006). I created a drawing in the model tab but when I go to the other tabs such as "layout 1" the work I have done in model space isn't showing through the viewport. I am suspecting that it is a simple fix, but I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong.

Seems that your viewport is showing an empty area of the MS; just activate the viewport and do a ZOOM + Extent inside. If still not good, then probably you have a parasite entity far from your drawn area - will try later to locate a thread with solution for such case.

Regards,

Mircea

Double click inside the viewport, then double click the mouse wheel.

This will activate the viewport and perform a zoom extents.

You do have at least one viewport in your layout right?

Viewports should be assigned to their own dedicated layer and it should be set to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager.

Ok I found out what the issue was. For some reason I guess I accidently brought the floor plans in twice from another file. On the model tab I was working on one set but the viewport focused on another. I had to use the Zoom extent procedure. Thank you all for the help. I feel really dumb now haha!