Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• CADTutor

• dbroada

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

CADTutor is dddrrrraaaagggggggiiiiinnnnggggg for me.

Other vBulletin forums are fine, but we're dragging bad here.

CADTutor is dddrrrraaaagggggggiiiiinnnnggggg for me.

Other vBulletin forums are fine, but we're dragging bad here.

1+

Last night same thing from my iPhone/iPad/MacBook on my home WiFi (which I do often). Today not as bad, but still slower than other vB forums. Non-vB forums, no issues.

always with the browser status: "waiting for tenlinks...."
I've just googled tenlinks.com as I suspected a virus attack on my machine this morning. Not pleased it takes so long.

Dave posted something about a change of servers.
I saw that but when my computer apparently hangs with only a box saying "waiting for tenlinks.com", especially one that runs away when your mouse get near, I get worried about what is happening.

I don't blame you Dave, so did I when it happened on my home computer yesterday after experiencing the problem on and off for several days prior to that on my work computer. Can't be too cautious these days.

I've just googled tenlinks.com as I suspected a virus attack on my machine this morning. Not pleased it takes so long.

There is no virus at TenLinks or CADTutor. The slow-down has been caused by insufficient server resources at TenLinks who serve some of the ads on this site. I'm very unhappy about what's going on but I have been promised that they are upgrading their servers this weekend and so we should be back to normal by Monday.

once I had Googled them and seen that they were CAD related I was (reasonably) happy but the fact that their box runs away from your cursor has a distinctive "attack" look about it.

I've not experienced that particular behavior on any of the three computers (two desktop and one laptop) that I use. Sounds odd to me.

Which box do you mean - can you show us a screen-grab?
not at the moment, the whole thing is loading reasonably quickly but when it is slow to load there is a box in the bottom LH corner (as mentioned by Lee) which runs away as you approach it and it settles in the bottom RH corner. At this point I closed firefox before Googling and it hasn't reappeared. If it happens again I will grab a shot.