Hatching with colour

DODGE

Hi Guys

Just a dumb question.

In some of my drawings I need to hatch in colour, I usually pick a colour then change it to a shade I like. The problem I have is after I hatch the item, wall or whatever, I may go to use the same hatch colour again on a different part of my drawing and I can never find exactly the same hatch colour again, especially when I have used a completley different hatch pattern since using the colour hatch. Quite often when you go to use a hatch, the last one you used is there but not when you have used different ones in between. You used to just be able to double click a hatch in your drawing and the hatch dialog box would appear then you could just hatch away using the same one. I can't seem to do this in 2012. Is there anyway of getting this back?

Thanks Guys

Dodge 8)

There is a button named "Inherit Properties" inside Hatch dialog - that will allow you to clone the features from an existing hatch; for color you may use Match Properties (chouse only color from Properties). But I have one question, you are using arbitrary colors for items? Wouldn't be better to establish a standard?

Regards,

Mircea