Copying Tool Bars etc. to a new install

EdP

I am in the process of setting up a new computer and I just installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 which I have on the older computer that I am replacing.

Is it possible to copy specific files from my old computer to the new one so that I don't have to go through the process of setting up the desktop and tool bars all over again?

Look into Exporting your toolbars. I think the same goes for your Profile.

What other customizations did you make that you want to bring over to the new computer?

CONFIG PROFILES Export new pc CONFIG PROFILES Import

Make sure you edit your Autocad icon properties to load the correct profile /p "myprofile"

You will need all the support paths set up first and files placed there also.

Do you have any custom linetypes? If the answer is "yes" then depending on where you put them (in acad.lin or a custom.lin file) you'll have to copy those over as well. Same goes for any custom hatch patterns. Linetype files have a LIN file extension and hatch patterns will have a PAT file extension.

What about command aliases? Did you edit your acad.pgp file?

Tool Palettes can be exported via the Manage tab > Customization panel > Tool palettes button. The file extension is ATC.

Re: Profiles. An exported Profile is saved with the file extension ARG.

Re:the CUIx file. It is not exported. It can be copied over to the new folder.