Rotate view in Model space and in paperspace.

Jay Hatfield

how can i rotate a drawing view in model space and paper space? UCS -> new -> 3 point -> and saving the view works, but trying to figure out how to do this with paper space now. Can anybody explain this in greater detail or have an alternative way to do what i'm trying to do. My purpose if for pulling construction lines from plans, for elevations. In the past I simply rotated the drawing, but if i had a layer turned off it would mess up their positioning.

Thanks

Straight out of your AutoCAD Help files:

You can rotate an entire view within a layout viewport with the VPROTATEASSOC system variable.

When VPROTATEASSOC is set to 1, the view within a viewport is rotated with the viewport.

When VPROTATEASSOC is set to 0, the view remains when the viewport is rotated.

You can also rotate an entire view within a layout viewport by changing the UCS and using the PLAN command.

With the UCS command, you can rotate the XY plane at any angle around the Z axis. When you enter the PLAN command, the view rotates to match the orientation of the XY plane.

Another way is to use the Align and then Rotate View options in the MVSETUP command.