Join multiple objects

aspitanis

JOIN command has the option selection and merging several objects at once, but I can not join more then one line.

Does someone could explain the process step by step?

Thank you in advance :)

JOIN, select multiple lines, hit enter. That is all there is to it. Plines have to be touching at the endpoints, lines don't have to be.

JOIN, select multiple lines, hit enter. That is all there is to it. Plines have to be touching at the endpoints, lines don't have to be.[/quote

I don't believe they actually have to be touching, if you specify a fuzz factor generous enough to cut yourself a little slack. :wink:

Or you might be right, not sure, but if you use PEDIT > M for multiple > select all you want > you can set your own FUZZ (aka fudge) factor, which can be pretty forgiving.

Using the JOIN command plines have to be contiguous.

from help

"Line

Only line objects can be joined to the source line. The line objects must all be collinear, but can have gaps between them.

Polyline

Lines, polylines, and arcs can be joined to the source polyline. All objects must be contiguous and coplanar. The resulting object is a single polyline."

If using Pedit, Join then the Fuzz works.

Thanks,

rkent

JOIN, select multiple lines, hit enter. That is all there is to it. Plines have to be touching at the endpoints, lines don't have to be.

Yes, I know that, but I still can't join those lines (not plines). The lines are collinear and here is the result. I only can join one by one line.

That's why asked to get explanation STEP BY STEP. Maybe I make some mistake.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33963[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33963[/ATTACH]

Join multiple.jpg

I don't have the option of joining mulitple lines in 2011. If it is new to 2013 try checking the new features workshop. Most of the new features are demonstrated with animations.

Personally I'd do what Dadgad was referring to with pline->m->join and explode the lines afterward.

Now that I see your example, that won't work with the Join command. I was imaging multiple lines coplanar, like breaking one line into 4 pieces.

You would need to use Pedit, Mulitple with fuzz set. Or use Change with Ortho set on.

You gave me an idea to touch the ends of lines and voila, the lines are joined, but they are now converted to plines.

Unfortunately, in most commonly cases the lines which I need to join are with gaps and I must join it one by one, same as before.

BTW, command JOIN has the same options in A2012 and A2013

Join multiple2.jpg