plot layout

grouch032

If i am using a read only file from a similar CAD program, how do i set it up so i can lay it out to prepare it for printing... thank you

alex

Did this "similar CAD program" utilize features similar to a paper space layout and viewports or is everything in model space?

I'm not sure... When I try to get the object into the paper space, it doesn't allow it. I'm trying to figure it out as I go. I am clicking the paper space in the viewport and nothing is happening

The CHSPACE command will be model space objects into your paper space layout but all I would bring over is the title block and border. BTW...when you are in a paper space layout and looking at a viewport, the objects you see (in the viewport) are in model space.

Did this "similar CAD program" utilize features similar to a paper space layout and viewports or is everything in model space?

If it is the same kind of set up, I do have a quick guide you could use to assist you: Creating layouts in PaperSpace.pdf

**EDIT**

Note: The TBT Architecture Template is what we used while I was in school.

Edited by CADMASTER1128
Added Detail

okay... in model space, I have the location where i would like it to show up in layout space. When i got to layout space and click to move the picture, it doesn't do anything. how do i get it so that in layout i can move it around?

I tried following the direction, but I get stuck because I don't have the "options" available or showing when I do format. It should work because it's AutoCAD 2008

I tried following the direction, but I get stuck because I don't have the "options" available or showing when I do format. It should work because it's AutoCAD 2008

Are you talking the first step?

yes... but i figured out how to view the model space on the viewport (layout) with the command mview... that helped out a lot

I was asking the OP to post the file.

My miss understanding, at least we know my PDF is uploaded! Haha :)