Autocad vs Autocad LT?

RickyCole

Hey guys, I am currently using the Autocad Student Edition and am looking to upgrade. I'm just a little confused on the difference bewtween these Autocad and Autocad LT. All I am looking at using the program for is some basic landscape plans but I am now needing to have plans sent to me by architects and being capable of opening them in Autocad which I currently can't do with the student version. Is this possible with Autocad Lt?

Also am I able to run programs such as Globalcad on Autocad LT and import from LT to Photshop etc?

Thanks for you help, the full version of Autocad is a little to much at the moment but I want to make sure the LT version is capable of doing everything I need it too.

AutoCAD LT does not have the ability to run lisp (a programming language) but it can utilize macros and diesel.

Although LT can display something that was created in 3D it really doesn't have much in the way of 3D capability. Call it 2.5D and leave it at that.

You can find a feature matrix on the AutoDesk website that compares the full and LT versions of AutoCAD.

Warning: Do NOT, under any circumstances, use content created in the student version in the commercial (for profit) version otherwise you'll find it brings along an unwelcomed visitor in the form of the educational banner. Architects who send you their drawings would be VERY unhappy to get them back, after you have worked on them, with the banner now attached. You can kiss your career goodbye if that happens.

The Matrix...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/compare/item?siteID=123112&id=13706379