Freze Layers

NEWMAN1006

If I want to freeze some layers is there a way to actually lock it so other people can't just use select all and un freeze my stuff?

The drawing I'm working in has over 300 layers and I'm tired of refreezing them everytime I reopen the drawing

Thanks

I don't think you can protect the layers from someone else. How about if you export the layer state, and then re-import it when you open the drawing?

I would suggest the use of LAYER STATES in the LAYER MANAGER saved as a filter, or as are saved when setting up a named view, called a saved layer snapshot in the VIEW MANAGER dialog box. Create your own named view, like BACK-OFF, wherein your layer settings are saved. You could do the same thing in a number of ways. LAYERWALK also offers this capability, for instance, once again as a filter.

Edited by Dadgad

Just to be clear, there's 2 methods. Layer States and Named Views. They're distinct from each other. A Layer state only affects the layers in the current view (either as a whole to the entire drawing or only concerning the active viewport). A named view may affect a lot more than just the layer settings, e.g. also zooms to a specific area and sets the UCS.