Plotting to PDF , drawing appears washed out.

GAcadman

OK, I cannot seem to figure this thing out.

When I plot to PDF using DWG to PDF.pc3 the drawing appears to be washed out, some things are darker than others. I am using Autocad 2011 and Adobe Acrobat 9 and 10.

I do not have this problem when I print from Autocad 2009 .

Any suggestions? As I am working on a project this evening, at home, and only Autocad 2011 here, and Adobe Acrobat 10.

My plot setting are identical in 2011 as they are in 2009.

If this issue had been asked and answered already I do apologize, as I am working on my project and did not have alot of time to search through threads.

Thanks

GAcadman

Hi there, this seems like a familiar problem. Select the viewport that seems washed out and look at its properties. Have a play tithe the visual style and see if that helps. Once I changed mine to 2D wireframe my pdf looked like it should.

Hope this helps

You'll just have to play with the settings. Make sure it's not changing to grayscales on you, and tinker with the lineweights. Also be aware that this can be as much a video/monitor issue as anything else. Different monitors and video cards will display the same drawing differently. If the problem goes away when you zoom up on the pdf, then it's most likely your monitor resolution.

Do the files look ok when you print the pdf or do you have the same problem then too?

Yes the files look as they are supposed to be when plotted out. However we Plot to PDF so that we can send things to other people. The Sales staff and Project Managers are the ones complaining about this. The sales staff more that the PM's. If the file doesn't look just right, then they are asking why.

I am attaching a PDF plotted from Acad 2009 and One from Acad 2011

Can you see the difference. When you zoom in on the PDF , the washed out appearance goes away.

ACAD2011 to PDF.pdf

ACAD2009toPDF.pdf

GAcadman,

I have opened your pdf's in a graphics package and can confirm they have different properties.

Most of the lines in the 2009 are thicker than the 2011 .72pt as opposed to .48pt.

The text is stronger as there is a .48pt stroke on the 2009 and none at all on the 2011.

I couldn't begin to tell you how to alter it as I don't use Autocad but at least you now know they are different.

Cheers

Dahzee