Blocks

bacsol

Hi all

I have an attributed block in an existing drawing created by someone else. I copied the block into a new clean drawing and amended it to suit a set of standards for a particular project.

I have since re-inserted the block and clicked yes to redefine the block ( I also tried the design centre option which had the same effect ) and this did update the block in general but the text style for my attributes did not change to match the new block? I have synced the attribute with no success.

Any help appreciated.

the text style is obtained from the current drawing.

If style STANDARD = simplex in the existing drawing but you defined it as arial in the new block definition drawing it will take on the simplex of the current drawing when inserted.

Thanks Dave

In your example I need simplex purged and arial to be updated. I have several hundred drawings to do, can I assume the only way I can fix this without having to amend each text style in every attribute for the block on every single drawing is by creating a lisp?

Many thanks

There are many ways to do just about everything in AutoCAD but I am not entirely sure what you want to do.

Have you copied an existing block and made some detail changes? Is this to text, attributes or lines?

When you insert the modified block back into an existing drawing you want the attributes to take on a new font style. Is that style already named in the existing drawing and if it is, does it matter if any existing text changes or is it a new style?

In the original block there is text under the style romans and the font is also romans, the attributes that are in the block also match this style. Romans is not a recognised text style within the standards for the project I am working on so in the new block I chaged it to FM-TEXT for the style and the font arial for that text style. when I re-insert the block I click to redefine but the text and attributes remain romans?

Hope this explains it better?

Is there already a text style named FM-TEXT in the drawing when you click the Redefine? If so you need to change that style to match what's in the DWG where you edited the block. If not an AttSync / BAttMan should sort it out, at least the way you're describing it.

If you still can't get it to work properly, try attaching some samples here. One showing how it should be, the other how you're getting it now.

Yes that has worked, I also made sure there was no text in there on the style FM-TEXT and re-named the style name to match which also worked. Not how I was hoping but problem solved all the same, many thanks for your help Dave.