erasing problem

davie77

Im working on Autocad 2007 on windows xp and up until recently I have had no problems,

Now all of a sudden it take up to 5 seconds to erase a single line. Before it used to erase instantly.

I still have autocad 2004 and have started using that again so I can erase quickly.

Anybody got ideas on why it takes so long to erase. I've reinstalled 2007 but made no difference

I don't know anything off the top of my head but a few follow-questions : Does it do the same with both the command ERASE and the Delete-button? Any other commands that does the same, Open; Save or something? Does it say anything on the commandline other than Erase: ?

Edited by Tiger

It does the same for both erase and delete.

Nothing in the command bar. just a simple erase line, click on line then have to wait for ages before it disappears.

Is this a networked computer?

Does this happen in just one specific drawing or any drawing that you are working in?

When did the problem first occur?

it is a network computer, but other people in the office don't have this problem.

the length of time to erase varies on different drawings. I have some drawings that take forever to open and and really long to erase and some open quickly but still take a while to delete items.

So the problem is with your computer only.

Any changes made to your computer recently?

Are all updates/service packs/hot fixes applied to AutoCAD LT 2007?

What are your system specs?

What is the average size of a file that you work with?

Have you downloaded and used any custom lisp files lately?

Do you have hardware acceleration enabled or disabled?

What steps have you taken to troubleshoot the problem?

Has your IT department been notified? If so what did they say?

Is it file specific? Do you have the same problem with other drawing files?

I also find that some problems are user related. Have you tried to login to your Windows using other user name? Does it have the same issue?

I guess davie either figured it out on his own or he lost interest. Couldn't have been such a big problem after all.