Mirrored blocks with attributes move when scaled problem

mileycad

Hi guys

We have a drawing here that involves many annotative blocks mirrored to create a layout, then on reopening the drawing the annottaive text of the blocks that have been mirrored are in the correct place but the objects have 'pinged' off the layout,

Please can someone have a look - if you change the anno scale to any scale you will see the blocks but change to 1:50 (the scale i want it at!) they shoot off to the left of the layout (outside the defpoint rectangle).

Thanks in advance

M.

elec layout blocks mirrored problem.dwg

If you open the drawing there is a magenta rectangle on the defpoints layer.

Why?

Do you have a screen shot from before mirror and after mirror and one for how it should be?

The magenta rectangle is just to show the drawing border extents ,and if you change the scale to 1:100 you will see all the blocks where they should be , change to 1:50 the attributes stay where they are and symbol part of block moves 'outside' the rectangle area.

If I had the drawing showing where they should be I would not be on here asking ;) the drawing was complete and them when we reopened it the blocks were not how we want them. It's very strange indeed.

I have no solution as of now.

It seems to work on some scales and not on others.

Why are you not drawing at 1:1 in Model Space?

It is not a good Idea to place objects on Defpoints.

I have no solution as of now.

It seems to work on some scales and not on others.

Why are you not drawing at 1:1 in Model Space?

It is not a good Idea to place objects on Defpoints.[/quote

After all your frankly 'petty' comments Thanks for stating the obvious :/

drawn at 1:100 as funnily enough it's a 1:100 building services layout with annotative blocks.

The rectangle that you seem so interested in is on defpoints as its merely there to show anyone willing to help on here the 'drawing boundary'.

It is irrelevant to my problem.

Anyone else got any ideas ?