Make block unique for editing?

CalypsoArt

When one edits a block all instances of the block are changed. What is the command in AC to make one instance of the block unique, so editing will not affect the instances? In Sketchup it is "make unique".

When you are in the Block Editor, there is a tool that lets you do this found in the "Open/Save" panel called "Save block as" or the command for this tool is BSAVEAS

Save Block As.jpg

I have featured a LISP routine made by VVA that lets you copy a block and give it a new name

http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/autolisp-copy-block-with-new-name/

~Greg

Edited by troggarf

Thanks, for the replies. I had been exploding and remaking with a different name. The Sketchup method of a right clicking to "Make unique" is a really nice and fast feature. I just thought AC might have something similar that I was just unaware of.

• 11 years later...

hey there guys see u struggle i could not resist to say but , 

you can simple press ctrl+shift+x it will as for refrence point while coping then ctrl+shift+v and wallah your block has been renamed and now you can edit it freely 

i hope it helps

... the OP was struggling 11 years ago, and I believe has an answer in the discussion above. Point to note ctrl,shift,v will give the block a random name and not renamed as you might want from the answers up there

• 5 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 10:01 PM, Ar. Vachan SIngh said:

hey there guys see u struggle i could not resist to say but , 

you can simple press ctrl+shift+x it will as for refrence point while coping then ctrl+shift+v and wallah your block has been renamed and now you can edit it freely 

i hope it helps

yes! thank for sharing

5 hours ago, orborneee said:

yes! thank for sharing

I couldn't get that to work, but you can open Block Editor, make your changes, and use Open/Save|Save As on the ribbon. Same result.

I did not know you could do that. Will come in handy.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:45 PM, CyberAngel said:

I couldn't get that to work, but you can open Block Editor, make your changes, and use Open/Save|Save As on the ribbon. Same result.

I did not know you could do that. Will come in handy.

Yes, I finished it