Adjusting/pivoting survey in drawing?

NYC_Eng

I have a survey for a residential property with all the coordinates which I input into CAD, using the tutorial on this site. @25

The house & property run in a NE/SW angle which isn't an angle I want to do work in. If I pivot the drawing so the house & lot are parallel with the screen the cursor takes on a new and weird shape.

I'm wondering if people do anything with the x/y coordinates or settings in the drawing? I thought a drafter told me there is a way to deal with this when setting up the drawing but I can't remember for the life of me.

Thanks.

You can rotate the UCS to the angle of your property line, then use PLAN, Current and all should be back as expected.

You can rotate the UCS to the angle of your property line, then use PLAN, Current and all should be back as expected.

Thanks for the reply, it sparked me to read the chapter about the UCS in my book. I rotated the UCS with the pivot function accessible on the viewcube and PLAN, CURRENT command brought it all back. 8)

Is there any reason to create a new UCS so the x is parallel with the front property line? Is that something drafters typically do or is the default UCS left alone?

The UCS is rotated in 2D drawings when objects are at an angle other than 0 or 90 so it is easy to draw lines parallel and perpendicular to the model.

I rotate the UCS constantly for that reason.

We do it on our road designs so they are square on the sheets and text is easy then at 0 or 90, all set out co-ords though is still at real world co-ords