From Word to AutoCAD?

Elie99

you can also insert it as an OLE

I have tried cutting and pasting as well as inserting as OLE and all I get is one page out of the 7 that I need inserting.

Any other thoughts on inserting a word document into cad?

Thank you.

I'd follow Ollie's advice re: MTEXT box.

Yes, that's the only way it's been working, but unfortunately the program only allows me to take pieces at a time which I was trying to avoid. If I was able to take the whole document at once I wouldn't have to renumber sections and subsections. Doing it in pieces forces me to renumber spec sections and sub-sections.

Thanks.

Your original problem statement was, "a paragraph".

No, the OP's statement was a paragraph. I was merely piggybacking off of his thread as not to make another to clog up the works.

My original problem was a 7 page word document.

Just this once I'm going to come down on Autodesk's side. It's a CAD package, not a documentation package. Trying to make AutoCAD do something outside its purview wastes everyone's time.

As I recall, the one time I tried to put a multipage document on a plan, it would take only one OLE page at a time. The whole point of OLE is to have the same functionality as xrefs, i.e. you can make changes in the referenced document independently and have them propagate everywhere they're needed. It doesn't work, so there was no point to adding that "feature."