Stretch

iainlines

I have a slight problem with the stretch command in that when I highlight some geometry, say a rectangle and I want to stretch it by 10mm I have to type this into the command line.I use Acad 07...when I used 2002 I only had to stretch, point my cursor in the direction I wanted and type whatever I needed to. Now I have to click back into the command line. This is true of a couple of other commands too.

Any help would be appreciated

Iain

Have you tried turning on your dynamic input f12 ?

You might want to check your dynamic input options too, against those in your older version.

dynamic options.JPG

Well don't I feel like a complete tool!!! You'd never guess I'd been using Autocad since '99

Thanks mate

Iain

Glad to be of service, so much to learn, so little time to learn it all.

If you are inspired to really 'go back to school', try entering SYSVDLG, when you've got some free time on your hands. You can browse through all of the system variables in the program, learn what values you are running, and lots of other very interesting ways commands could be working. Make sure to keep track of any changes you might make, in case you want to go back to your former settings. I will assume that you are aware of, and using whatever EXPRESS TOOLS were offered in 2007. There's no tool like an old tool, as the saying goes. Except of course an EXPRESS TOOL. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

I will be doing this first thing Tuesday morning, thanks for the help. Like I said, been using Acad since 99 but alot of what I learnt in college isn't used in my job....used to do some really cool stuff!!

Express commands...erm, yeah, course I use em :oops:

No need to be embarrassed, I just checked on 2007, and it looks like EXPRESS COMMANDS hadn't been created yet. One good tip for you that you might have overlooked, which is on 2007, is the LAYERS2 toolbar, which has a few very good commands on it. My personal favorite there, which I think is largely overlooked is LAYERWALK. Have fun exploring. :beer:

If you don't already have one set up, you should create a PROFILE in your OPTIONS. In that way you can personalize many of the settings which you like to use, not the system variables, but most of the other optional settings, go through each of the tabs and adjust to suit. Another good one is setting up your own workspaces, if you haven't done so, as many as you want, for different tasks ........ 3D work, fabrication drawings, erection drawings, whatever. Put whichever toolbars you would likely want to use doing those different things, no need to reinvent the wheel every time you change what you are doing.

Express Commands? Do you mean Express Tools?

What gave it away?

Good point. Yes, I'm embarrassed to see that you are, as is your wont, absolutely correct, make that EXPRESS TOOLS. :beer:

The SYSVDLG system variable was available as part of the Release 14 Bonus Tools and was subsequently included with Express Tools later on.

The OP is using 2007 vanilla, so should he have it, or not? I guess not, unless as BONUS TOOLS, eh?

Sorry, predates my involvement with the software by a couple years. I may be old, but I am nowhere near as 'crusty' as you, thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

The OP will find that he has Express Tools (the name was changed after AutoDesk stopped charging for it) on his AutoCAD 2007 installation CD.

Crusty? I'm not crusty. I am, however, older than Dirt. Dirt is my younger brother!:lol: