Excel / Search and Replace

Kemphas

Is there any way to build for example a wire list in excel and insert it into ACDLT2010 where each cell would = a different text box that i can CTRL+X CTRL+V instead of manually typing each wire number at terminals?

Also is there any way to for example to select 10 text boxes and Search & Replace. Example i have two components that are identical, but named #1 and #2 or Unit A Unit B to search and Replace #1 with #2 instead of entering each text box changing the number than going to the next?

- Thanks.

Your limited by LT maybe look at Autocad Electrical.

Part 1 using excel you can do programming stuff and paste it to Autocad command line and get it to draw stuff in LT.

Part 2 maybe FIND

• 3 weeks later...

BTW I use Excel for modbus lists' concatenating them and / sorting the large amounts of data it also helps in auto building and not typing descriptions out every time or CTRL+V

If you insert a Data Table with a wire list for example, highlight the table and type "Explode" This breaks the table and breaks all the cells into different text boxes which accomplishes what i was getting after.