original date created

mugshot

hello guys. . n

need help. . . .

we have on company drawing title block the date created field. . . . but when the file is being transfered and "save" it shows the present day of saving. . . is there any lisp that when used, it will show the original date its created. . ?

thank you in advance. . .

god bless.

you should have a choice of 4 date fields. I can't test this until tomorrow but I would have thought the first one would remain unchanged on a "save" although it will probably change on a "save as".

fields2.JPG

However this is one reason we don't use fields - the time correcting it when it goes wrong is far greater than the time spent typing it in when the drawing is first saved.

(can't remove 2 additional attachments so ignore the following!)

Edited by Tiger
removed extra attachments

thanks dave. . .

actually it is the field i have used to the title block as per my boss instruction, . . . his reason is that to see if one is altering the files. . . but then recently, he wants not for the date to change from the first date it is created.

and our office, some of the draftsmpersonnels stays for 6 months and leave. . .

so they change pc`s, as well as files. . .

anyways. . . il be waiting for the test you will be doing.

I will try to remember where I saved my drawing and look tomorrow. :)

I don't think you will be able to get back the original date but you can change a field to text manualy by right clicking on the field and select the appropriate option. The fact that you can do it manually would suggest there is a route in using LISP but I wouldn't know where to start.