Spline Offset

Temporary Creature

Hello All-

I did a forum search for this problem and it was discussed a year ago but seemingly without resolution.

So I would like to bounce the question again-

When I offset a spline it turns into an 80 node nightmare.

Is there any way to heal the spline nodes for manageable editing?

Thanks-

TC

I'm using AC 2004.

I dont think you can offset a useable spline, as you say it creates many nodes and does away with the original control points. I have found this possible solution on another webby, hope it helps:

Summary: parallel offset

Is your spline planar? If it is then the Parallel tool will work. Check the option On Same Plane. Specify if you want to go inward or outward and you should be set. However, the offset object will not be a spline anymore. After the operation the controls for the spline are dropped and you will end up with a curve that is not editable with no control handles. If this is fine then that is all that is needed. If you need an editable spline offset you would have to use control lines that are offset (vector lines for example). Once you have done the offset convert the lines to c-curves so that both lines are editable splines.

ZwebTechSupport

Regards

Dave

• 3 years later...

Hello guys, i am a very beginner in AutoCAD. I am digitazing streams and rivers from a raster image and the s´line command is perfect for that. But how do i make the OSNAP functions to work with splines? It happens that when i reach the end of a spline i am not being able to make it connect to the others.

Thanks,

Thiago