Dynamic input

iainlines

Hi,

Dynamic inputs are a new thing for me and I was wondering if I can change the settings to do the following:-

When DYN is turned on the on screen prompts are shown, this I like but also, if I highlight a pice of geometry and use grips to stretch it goes all a bit wrong. For example, I highlight a rectangle that I want to stretch out by 10mm, grap a grip, push my cursor in the direction I want to go and press 10.....this leads to the total line length being 10mm. This doesn't happen with DYN off, it works how I think it should but obviously without the on screen prompts. Anyway to combine the two?

Thanks

Iain

Change your dynamic input, pointer input settings to Relative Coordinates instead of Absolute Coordinates. Then your stretch will be relative to the point you start it. It's really early here. I can't seem to open my AutoCad. I hope that works.

DBroada...no, now using 2007

Rkent....That nearly works, it's closer. I will have a play around and see what I can come up with. It's still not quite there in that if I try to grip stretch a rectangle, for example, one corner will go in the correct axis and the other corner will go in the incorrect axis even though my cursor is going the same way. Hope that makes sense? If I can't figure it out I will just smash my computer and have a little cry. That should help

DBroada...no, now using 2007

Rkent....That nearly works, it's closer. I will have a play around and see what I can come up with. It's still not quite there in that if I try to grip stretch a rectangle, for example, one corner will go in the correct axis and the other corner will go in the incorrect axis even though my cursor is going the same way. Hope that makes sense? If I can't figure it out I will just smash my computer and have a little cry. That should help

It sounds like you should turn on ORTHO.

Nope, sadly still no good. Ortho is pretty much always on anyway. I'll go back to my plan of smashing it. Cheers anyway folks :)