New Plotter Issues (RICOH Aficio MP W3601)

ssshamblin

Recently, the company I work for has upgraded to a new plotter! YAY! However, this new plotter (mentioned in the title) is not doing what we need it to do. Here is the problem...

With our old plotter, we were able to pick any size we would like to plot (for instance) a 17x22 print and it would simply plot that (on the 36" roll of paper). It would not center the page, but simply put the area to be printed in the corner and only use the appropriate size of paper - all we had to do was cut part of the sheet that extended to the 36" wide, which was no problem.

Our new plotter is not doing that. I cannot figure it out and I have been trying for days it seems. Our IT guy has no idea and the guys that installed the plotter aren't helping us either! I will take any suggestions!

We have an Aficio plotter as well, and I've haven't seen that kind of behavior. One suggestion--draw a non-plotting border that forces the print area to be 36" wide. If that doesn't work, draw a plotting border that's 37" wide.

I can only assume that this is your issue: instead of plotting at one side of the plotting area, the output is appearing in the center no matter how you format it. I also assume that you've tried all possible combinations of offsetting, orientation, etc. That leaves the plotter itself. See if there's some menu setting that controls the centering/origin.

I don't have that plotter but there is usually on Ricoh a 'plot on' option on the paper tab which overrides the paper size, you might want to check to see that nobody has ticked this.