Delay in between commands

MikeP

After almost every command there seems to be a lag or delay before I can work again. It used to not do this. Any idea how I speed things back up?

Is this happening in a single drawing or all drawings?

Wait a minute. Weren't you the same person who started the post about AutoCAD 2009 response being slow?

all drawings. It might have been me. but this has been new for the past few weeks though. after a command, cad would freeze for a second then let me work again. for example, I can be in paper space, go into the viewport and i would hang for a second, then let me move the cursor.

all that purge stuff that everyone seems to use as the go to answer, never seemed to make a noticeable difference in performance.

SOLVED:

I had too many tool palettes docked. I had Properties, layer manager, and calculator all docked and on auto hide at the same time. This created a delay.

What kinda memory do you have on your video card? it sounds more like a lag in computer resources to me. i always have properties, layer, xref, and tool pallette open, and as of lately have also had the project manager open, and have no lag at all

What kinda memory do you have on your video card? it sounds more like a lag in computer resources to me. i always have properties, layer, xref, and tool pallette open, and as of lately have also had the project manager open, and have no lag at all

Quad Core Xeon 2.27GHz

6GB Ram

64 bit windows 7

32 bit autocad 2009

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 768MB

Maybe you need to do some general housekeeping.

What programs do you normally run in tandem with using AutoCAD?

Have you given any thought to upgrading AutoCAD and moving to a 64-bit version when you do?

Why the difference in the specs that you just posted and what appears as your signature?

Maybe you need to do some general housekeeping.

What programs do you normally run in tandem with using AutoCAD?

Have you given any thought to upgrading AutoCAD and moving to a 64-bit version when you do?

i run as light as I can, I mean I have open Chrome, Outlook, Pandora Radio

Task Manager says I have 88 processes open.

currently, Physical memory is at 47%.

Autocad runs high because of the software I run on it (Microvellum) - currently at 697,000K

Why the difference in the specs that you just posted and what appears as your signature?

^^^^ I just updated, didnt realize how old my sig was

Pandora will drag away some of you resources, not a ton though. i listen to mine all day long as well. by your comp specs it looks like you would have an easier time if you upgrade as ReMark suggested, but i would look to see about upping your vid card aswell. if you are using two monitors as you said earlier and have 768MB running both, you are only getting half to each monitor. and as we all know acad is super graphics intense, the more graphics the better man. you may also see about upping the ram if possible but 6 isnt bad

Well I can barely make out what you posted. Certainly quite a number of instances of Google Chrome being opened concurrently. I see Word and Outlook as well but the remainder could be programs or processes...difficult to tell.

I would like to upgrade cad but thats out of the question as of now. a new card probably couldn't hurt. I lay out entire stores in all 3D, so its pretty demanding on the Video card