CAD Screen dims

cddhill

:x I have been using Architecture 2010 for about a year now. One day I opened it as usual. Opened a project as usual. When I zoomed in to a section to modify it the monitor dimmed. Every time now when i zoom in to do some work itdims and when I zoom back out it brightens. What is up with that.:x I went into the Control Panel to see if something got changed in the power settings, but could not find anything. :cry: Please help.

The question was not meant to be serious.

First. Did you try closing AutoCAD Arch and shutting down the computer (fully) then doing a cold reboot? Yes/No?

Does your screen dim when using any other Windows program?

Have you tried swapping out your mouse?

What steps have you taken so far to troubleshoot the problem?

Does your screen dim when using any other Windows program? No just ACADD.

Have you tried swapping out your mouse? No.

What steps have you taken so far to troubleshoot the problem?

Went into Control Panel and checked the power settings. Nothing. Looked into the ACADD settings. Nothing.

OK, you got me. At this time I am really frustrated with this dimming thing. I have shut AutoCAD down all the way and let it down for one day then rebooted. Still same problem.

I too could not find anything, as far as a setting, in AutoCAD that could explain the behavior you are seeing.

And this happens in any and all drawings that you work on right?

Do you have a spare mouse you can try?

How old is this system? What are the complete specs?

I too could not find anything, as far as a setting, in AutoCAD that could explain the behavior you are seeing.

And this happens in any and all drawings that you work on right? Any and all.

Do you have a spare mouse you can try? No, but, I will Pick one up. It is worth a try.

How old is this system? The system was revamped/ upgraded last year by a professional. What are the complete specs?

??????? sorry. Not at this time.

I find it surprising you do not have that information readily available. It's the system you work on and thus you should be as familiar with it as you are of the layout of your own house or apartment in my opinion. Why? Because that puts you in control and doesn't leave you at the mercy of the IT department for every little thing. It also makes you more valuable to your company. You become the "go to" guy, i.e.-the person with the knowledge. It should be man-and-machine not man-vs.-machine.

One of the display modes? Why would that be considered a useful feature? Now maybe if it worked the opposite way (things got brighter the more one zoomed in) I'd put that on my AutoCAD wish list! LoL I'm half blind already and need all the help I can get.

I find it surprising you do not have that information readily available. It's the system you work on and thus you should be as familiar with it as you are of the layout of your own house or apartment in my opinion. Why? Because that puts you in control and doesn't leave you at the mercy of the IT department for every little thing. It also makes you more valuable to your company. You become the "go to" guy, i.e.-the person with the knowledge. It should be man-and-machine not man-vs.-machine.

I never said I did not have it readily available. I said "not at this time". :) I am a CAD Drafter/Designer. I Design/Draft commercial and Residential buildings on computer. Most of my down time is for learning the AutoCAD programs and keeping up to date with the yearly changes. Not the mechanics of the computer. The companies I have worked for, for the past 20+ years, had their own IT department, so why should I go where I do not need to be. Anyway please stay on track, if you can help with the problem at hand I thank you if not thank you anyway.:roll:

It should be man-and-machine not man-vs.-machine.

A valid opinion, albeit nothing more, spoken like a true gentlebot, savoring that 10th cup of jo. :wink:

Can't solve the problem without all the necessary information and I wouldn't ask for the information if I did not think it was important. The number of years you have worked as a designer has no bearing on the subject.

Could it be a setting on the monitor? I know that some TVs have a feature that automatically controls the brightness according to what is on the screen.

I'm going to throw this out there, but we recommended exchanging the mouse, but what about the monitor itself? Temporarily replace the monitor and see if you have the same problem.