Block counting in Acad LT 2011

JoeC

I only have LT in my new job, and I feel helpless without full-blown AutoCAD. I need a way to count blocks (specifically employees on a production line), and I used to use a "count" lisp command that worked great. I'm thinking that lisp doesn't work in LT. I don't use Acad every day anymore, and I am quickly forgetting many commands and tricks. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

I have never used LT, but I am guessing that you have DATA EXTRACTION? Look in your TOOLS dropdown on your Menu. If you have it, it can do it quite well, with all sorts of optional parameters, and display the output in a table, on the drawing, or elsewhere.

Also, please check if QSELECT or FILTER commands aren't useful.

Absolutely Mirceau, FILTER would be another very good choice, do yourself a favor and spend a few minutes to set up and save some filters for reuse another time, really speeds up the use of a very good command. :beer:

It may be useful to find from OP if those blocks had common features: same name or a naming pattern, and properties (color, linetype, layer). This will help us to further refine the answer.

Thanks for the tips Mircea. i think that QSELECT may be the most effective way to achieve my goal. Yes, the blocks are basic blocks named "man", and QSELECT will allow me to count the instances. It would be nice if I could window a specific area to get a count. It doesn't appear that LT has DATAEXTRACTION. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tips Mircea.

You're welcome!

It would be nice if I could window a specific area to get a count.

In QSELECT dialog check the field named "Apply to:" - in his right side there is a button that will allow you to apply the criteria to current selection instead of entire drawing. Can achieve the same effect by selecting the area before to call the command.