need help with some plans

hot shot 991

ok, so one of my friends is laser cutting a chassis for me if you now anything about guitar amps for a marshall plexi but he needs an autocad drawing from me. But this is my first time even using auto cad and I have my drawing as the first photo but I have no idea how do do this stuff and was wondering how hard and long it would take for me to draw this out or if some nice nice nice nice person would help draw it out on autocad for me lol but thanks and please respond-Jake

also if someone that's knows how to do this stuff fast wouldn't and wouldn't mind Drawing it for me I have a template I can give for a starter

also ill put another photo at the bottom of what a chassis looks like

scan0001.jpg

12seriesorigtran.jpg

If you know the diameters of the holes needed, I would be glad to help you with this. Is the image shown what you are actually trying to recreate in Cad, or just to give the idea? Obviously I would need to know the overall dimensions of the chassis.

Overall dimensions.

Hole diameters.

Dimensions to centerlines of holes.

If you are going to go through all the bother of obtaining and documenting this information you might as well do it yourself. It will be a good learning exercise.

Hey,if you didn't mind I would owe you lol but if you can send me your email in my inbox or dont mind posting it here ill send you a photo with every dimension you need,including the actual size of the chassis.Thank you so much! and ill talk to you later-jake

@ hot shot 991

I originally drew the Marshall 12Series blueprints that you are referencing in your post. If you plan on producing a CAD file for mfg make sure you double check the OT mount spacing against whatever mfg you plan to use. Same thing goes for the choke. Also, remember that it was originally drawn in metric units, so adjust accordingly for Imperial units if your going that route.

@ hot shot 991

I originally drew the Marshall 12Series blueprints that you are referencing in your post. If you plan on producing a CAD file for mfg make sure you double check the OT mount spacing against whatever mfg you plan to use. Same thing goes for the choke. Also, remember that it was originally drawn in metric units, so adjust accordingly for Imperial units if your going that route.

ok, thanks for the info and you saved my life with that drawing lol but thanks for the info again and ill make sure to do that.Im having it made but my next door neighbor who is really cool, is a welder for the school board so he has a load of steel scraps and asked me if I ever wanted to do anything just ask, but I might ask him and if you dont mind do you ever have the length, width, and height of that chassis thanks again and ill talk to you later-jake

All the needed dimensions were in the file I posted on at MetroAmp dot com last year. The first image you attached is a hacked up version of the original by someone....Don't ask me why they did that! I suggest you head over to MetroAmp and download the original file (under the Do it Yourself amp builds subforum). Also, there are a lot of things you'll need to address if your going to use modern parts on this chassis since it was drafted based on the old parts which are different in size....i.e. octal socket size, Selector sizes, Bulgin cut or IEC, Fuse holder size, additional PT mounting holes, etc.,.

Thank you so much, but do you mind if I ask you one more question? do you know what size or scale I should put this image at to print it full size or do you know what the length and width of that chassis was so I can play around with the file and get the scale? thanks and cya later

I honestly don't remember what I scaled it down to in order to produce the pdf file. Besides, I'd never trust the conversion from AutoCAD to pdf to be accurate in regards to scaling. FWIW, I dilibrately posted the file as a "reduced" or scaled pdf file as opposed to a AutoCAD dwg file for the following reason....I wanted to help people out who were in the position to produce there own chassis, but I didn't want them to get "everything" for free. Meaning, you've got to put in some work too if you want to produce a chassis, and in this case that meant you had to take the time and use the info I provide in the pdf file to produce your own CAD or SolidWorks file. Kinda make sense?

I honestly don't remember what I scaled it down to in order to produce the pdf file. Besides, I'd never trust the conversion from AutoCAD to pdf to be accurate in regards to scaling. FWIW, I dilibrately posted the file as a "reduced" or scaled pdf file as opposed to a AutoCAD dwg file for the following reason....I wanted to help people out who were in the position to produce there own chassis, but I didn't want them to get "everything" for free. Meaning, you've got to put in some work too if you want to produce a chassis, and in this case that meant you had to take the time and use the info I provide in the pdf file to produce your own CAD or SolidWorks file. Kinda make sense?

yes it makes sense and thanks for all of your help, I just wanted to get an idea from someone what were the actual lengths of the chassis was from a 67 to 68 or better known the 12 series.I had thought that maybe over the years the chassis got changed up a little in dimensions.But so far I got that with wing included they were 26 1/2 inches long, 6 1/2 inches wide, and 2 1/2 inches in height.

Oh, shame on you...You didn't download the file did you? Because if you did you'd know what the length, width, and height of the chassis is. BTW, they did very just a little from chassis to chassis.

wtf! I did download it lol sorry im so new to this stuff, were dose it show the length width and height?I dont see them at all

Oh, I'm sorry then. It just sounded like you didn't download the file. Anyhow, you should see 680.00mm for the overall length. Remember all dimensions start from 0.0 in each view of the chassis. The width is 172.00mm. So, for example the ON/OFF switch is positioned 505.10mm from the left edge of the chassis (where the mounting flange is).

ok now I see all that lol thanks again for all your help , I cant wait to start this and ill have a pic up of it when im finished

Remember to adjust part placements and holes sizes based on the actually parts your going to use. This will save you a lot of headaches! It always sucks when you create a nice looking chassis and then you have to take a file to in order to get the parts to fit. Good luck.

Actually im going to be using a bunch of nos and replica parts.I got some original 60s amphenolic sockets,[ nos mustard caps a nos 32 double rs cap, dont even ask how much grieving and how long it took me to find that, my friends whos going to be helping me do the chassis is an evh fan and is a guitar center manager has an orginal dagnall 1998 transformer that im gonna buy off of him for about 120.And actually I dont know that much yet about amps but im a replica freak! now guitars on the other hand I ahve an ok knowledge but right now im starting to really get into amps.

example is I made a Frankenstein replica and the body was made from 40 year old northern ash that even has that natural edge on it right near the arm contour that is on eddies if you look at the real thing, but I had that made in 2003 when I sent that to Lynn Ellsworth and he cut it out for me and I still got the boogie bodies stamp in the neck and control cavity but when I got it back I dried it out to make it weigh less but like eddies gave it more resonance, but I also got a bird eye neck from him and I got a pair of 70s charvel san dimas crown head tunners which are originally on his neck not schaller minis! But I was able to buy some original red Schwinn lacquer, white Schwinn lacquer but need to find a black can, have an old 62 gibson es paf that was dead that i rewound dipped in sex wax like eddie and i just am a replica neat freak! lol but when i start soldering the turret board and have any question ill ask you thanks and cya later-jake

but theirs some of my story lol