Viewport dialog box not appearing

richard3009

Do you have viewport controls in the upper left corner of your viewports? If so, have you tried accessing it from there? Or from the VIEWPORT toolbar?

viewport controls.JPG

viewport toolbar.JPG

How do you call the VPORTS command? If you are using a button, please check to don't have it as "-VPORTS" (command line version).

It has wandered off your screen. You will need to drag it back into your real estate. Nestly posted a good way to find an awol layers toolbar, or something like that. Sorry I don't recall the specifics, believe it started in the CUI. Do you have workspaces on LT? Try it from another workspace or PROFILE in OPTIONS.

There are probably more than one already in your software, just enter WORKSPACE at you commandline, and if you get the option try changing the variable by adding one to it.

if i right click in the grey area where the dialog boxes are docked, I can tick and untick viewport but the dialog box does not appera anywhere, all other dialog boxes respond as normal

Have you tried closing ALL of the other ones? It may be hiding behind one of them. Is your workspace LOCKED? Try unlocking it and moving a few things around.

I located Nestly's video dealing with a lost layer manager dialog box http://www.screencast.com/t/AeMkyBOy5be, perhaps this will help you.

And here is the link to that other thread too. http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?67439-Layer-palette-gone!!!&highlight=nestly