i can not change the layer's setting in layer toolbar

bobi

when i select diffrent layers,the layer's name in toolbar does not change, i can not change the layer, color,and other settings.my autocad version is 2006 and 2007.

Are you using the Layer Property Manager to change the layer color or are you trying to change them using the toolsbars?

If you are using the toolbars, those are overrides, they don't set the layer color. Use the Layer command to change layer properties.

• 8 months later...

the toolbars do not work at all, neither does the properties manager. when i select ANY item within a drawing it claims that the line/pline/hatch etc etc is plasterboard, even though it is the colour of the groundline layer for example.

I cannot figure any way of changing it, now the properties manager is unable to change any properties of the chosen item.

ANY IDEAS????

you should check to see whether the following variables are set appropriately:

PICKFIRST - 1

PICKADD - 1

PICKAUTO - 1

Once the above is set how you want it, you next need to open your Layer Properties Manager Dialogue Box. On this, there should be a tickbox to the bottom left of the Box. This will have the words Apply to layers toolbar next to it. Ensure this box has a tick in it.

If the above does not work, I have exhausted the simple explanations

• 6 years later...