Adding client Logo's to drawing title block

Wilbri

I am about to recieve an order to provide drawings to a new client who has requested me to author an new blank drawing title block for the required drawings.

The company does however have a Logo and other necessary details.

My question is:

What format should the logo be in and how do I transfer this into the drawing title block, bearing in mind that I will most likely have to change the size to suite the various size drawings sheets, namely A0, A1, A2 etc?

I have attempted to search for this information on CT and having found the topic been denied request to open whatever. This is a copy of the notification receive when attempting to open a topic:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Never experienced this before!

Look forward to assistance with both comments.

Edited by Wilbri
Format

just download the logo as a jpeg. then drop it in as an xref. its still scalable and pretty easy. the only problem you may run into is the picture blurring when you scale it up, so if this becomes your problem you may see if you can get it in a pdf. in my experience however, i have to go and grab the logos off the clients websites so i always get stuck with jpegs. just make sure when your done sizing and setting your logo you type in "imageframe" and set it to 0 if you dont desire the defaulted image border

Thanks Bartjacks

Yes I can understand what you have described regarding jpegs but was not aware that one could utilise the same method to insert a PDF format.

Although I have not attempted the PDF alternative, surely I would need to convert it to DXF format for this purpose either by making a block or copying it from another drawing?

Anyway I have managed to copy the logo from my client's website as suggested and will attempt to exref it later today. It is now 1.45am South African time.

We always ask the client for artwork to work from, preferably in dwg format. If they can only supplly jpg we normally trace it ourselves. It is far more stable building that into a drawing blank than risking orphaning the logo when the drawing gets passed between companies with different file structures.

as for your "permission denied" messages the forum has had multiple changes of server over the past few years and sometimes bits do go missing. One recent problem was with long thread titles that had parenthasies in them. You could only get to one page but were denied the rest. If you desperately need to see a thread but can't get there copy the thread title and start a thread in the feedback section and if possible it will be sorted.

Thank you dbroada

Unfortunately my client does not have any artwork or dwg. format of their Logo.

What I have attempted to do is to copy the Logo from the client's website (which I found to br in jpeg format), into am MS Word ducument and then convert this to pdf with the hope of converting this into a DXF file.

Surprise, the jpeg remains a jpeg!

Being a relatively simple logo I have decided to print this to a larger scale from where I will be able to manualy measure the layout and components and accordingly create a drawing template (dwt.).

Thanks also for your comments regaring the "permission denied" message and how to get around it if necessary.

Yes