Line placement oops undo

S-8-N

I know that I have recently read someplace on the web somewhere that there was a button combination you could press to undo a line placement. Let me explain:

I place the first end of the line no problem then I get the other end where I want it click to place it and for some reason my mouse decides to jump just a little bit before clicking and the end is in the wrong spot.

I found someplace there was a command, a key press combo, something your pushed while still in the line command to undo the placement keeping you in the command and letting you have another go at placing it. I tried it when I found it and it worked great (not that I mess up that much:unsure:) and I thought oh ya I will remember that HA, I forgot what it was and where I found it. I will keep looking until I see someone fills me in on here. Thank you.

Check your osnap settings as well this will cause jumping to wrong point you can override though hold shift down then press left button on mouse temporary snaps come up. In a lisp you can continuously change the snap as required.

Some more grist for your snap jump mill. If you are working in 2D, consider the Z axis options shown.

You can also prioritize data entry to your preferred setting.

entry prioritization.JPG

other considerations for snaps.JPG

another way for z axis.jpg

Just hit U (undo)>Enter and the last point will be ready to be relocated, first point remains. You can also Right-Click>Undo.

Read the command line:

LINE Specify first point:
Specify next point or [[b]Undo[/b]]:
Specify next point or [b][undo[/b]]: U

In addition to SLW210’s answer, you can achieve the same effect by pressing +Z while in LINE command (or other command with built-in undo). For sure, as long the "Undo" option is available.

Also, the OOPS command works only for ERASE.

you can achieve the same effect by pressing +Z

I'm guessing this one will ring a bell! :wink:

Edited by Strix
quote code fixed

AHHH you all are so AWESOME! I didn't know that you could hit the U>Enter to make it work but the +Z was what it was that I remembered that I forgot :?, I knew it was left handed (out of context game). This time I am writing it down, both of them, Thank YOU so much, my day will go by much faster now again not that I make that many mistakes though.