Snap to Grid goes off

netman

Strange thing...... I turned it on and then turned off several times. It was off no matter what. I closed and reopened and it was working again.

who knows? I am still learning how to 'drive' this buggy! I am sure its something else I clicked on without knowing.

Thank you.

The size of the snap can be set differently than grid's size. Please check to don't have it set to a very small value; therefore, even activated, is barely noticeable.

Have you discovered this dialog box yet? You can access it by right clicking either the grid or snap status toggles and clicking settings.

snap and grid settings.JPG

I like using the grid (not many on here do) but one thing I HATE is adaptive grid so that is the first thing I turn off. Generally I have my grid at 2 or 4 times my snap setting.

I never use it, but probably should when I am laying out fabrication drawings of parts broken out of assemblies, just to speed up making it all real pretty.

The adaptive grid really is annoying, if you aren't prepared for or used to using it.

OK....this is news to me.

The DRAFT SETTING on mine is set at;

Snap Spacing .500

Grid Spacing .500

Grid Snap Checked on

Rectangular Snap Checked on

Adaptive Grid Checked on

Display Grid beyond limits Checked on

I use 5 lines and then a major line.

I can not capture the screen setting like you all did.

So, with these settings, should I change something?

I thoroughly use the grid as I am NOT as skilled at picking points and matching....plus a lot of my drawings involve arcs and ellipses. The snap to grid makes my work sooo much easier.

Suggestions on settings?

Deferring to Dave's judgement, as he actually uses and swears by it, it would seem you might do better to set your grid spacing at about one to two, 2 to 4 times your snap setting.