urgent help for deadline

mo12345

so i am a student that has a submission due tomorrow but i cant seem to scale my drawing to fit right on an A3 sheet of paper i have done the drawing in mm its my first project i will upload the file upon request

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mo12345

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• pjmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you utilizing a paper space layout and viewport(s)? Yes or No?

Did you draw all model space objects to FULL size as recommended? Yes or No?

.... i will upload the file upon request

Don't know if the forum will allow you to attach the file here before 10 posts - but give it a try and if we have the file it will be far easier to answer the question.

c-m school latest recovered 2.dwg i did draw the drawing to full size and i tryed view port but when i tried to export as a pdf it looked like something made on microsoft paint

edit: i uploaded a copy of my project to make more sense of the problem and i would like it at a scale of 1:50 / 1:100 also maybe someone can create the viewport better than i did.

Edited by mo12345

Sorry, I thought JDM might be taking a crack at this one so I held back. I'll have to give your drawing a look-see. I normally work with imperial not metric units and scales.

I changed the sheet size from A4 to A3. I tried both the 1:50 and 1:100 scales but your drawing did not fit. I created a new scale via SCALELISTEDIT of 1:200 and it almost fits (landscape) but not quite. What do you want to do?

urmmm i think ill see how it looks in 1:200 and take it from there

edit: is there anything i can do to resolve the problem ? so tried it alot of it does fit and some of it doesnt, what can i do about the hatchings i cant see them at all

I assumed going to 1:250 would be unrealistic for an architectural drawing. Maybe if it were a site plan it would be a different story. Personally I would put the drawing on a sheet that would accommodate a 1:100 scale if possible. Feel free to ignore this advice. It's your drawing; your assignment.

Good luck.

i don't think a bigger sheet is going to work out for me though it is the best option im stuck in a dilemma at the moment and i havnt even added a titleblock to the drawing i am still open for other ideas and opinions on what i should do

If all you are doing is creating a PDF file then the sheet size could be as big as a house. But the decision is entirely yours. I'm cool with that.

well i want to print actually but im just exporting to pdf just so that i can view how it will be like i tried another thing of converting the whole drawing to anotative and then scaling down to get an over smaller drawing but im not sure if that is what i want

You don't have to twist my arm. I'm fine with whatever you decide. I gave you my opinion but in the end it is your course and your drawing. I'm not sure what else I can say at this point or exactly what it is you are looking for. Want to give me a clue?

well i just need this drawing to fit on an A3 piece of paper by any means possible lol, i understand what you were saying about using a larger piece of paper rather than scale the drawing smaller and i think that would be better but an A2 size hand in would be unlikely. thanks all i know what was the problem plot object line weights was on making all text extremely thick

Well here is a novel idea for you. Don't use a scale at all. Double click inside your viewport and do a zoom > all or a zoom > extents and accept whatever scale AutoCAD hands you. That way you are assured of the fact the drawing will fit on the size paper you ultimately want to use.

I think I'll be taking my leave here. Good luck with your assignment/project.