problem with managers

kandyhalo

i recently upgraded from 2006 to 2008, and am having a strange problem. when i open anything such as the xref manager or quick select window, i resize the window and the next time i open it, back to the default size and position. its rather annoying, and no one in the office can figure out why, please help!

It's a silly default setting that I can't remember offhand, at the moment. It's something like USERCLOSE or USERSETTINGS or PROFILEONEXIT I'll try to find it and let you know.

after finishing a few more rather exhaustive searches, i found the problem. its a problem with autocad while running 2 monitors in dual-view. they apparently know about it and had not fixed for autocad 2008. their solution is to run the monitors in horizontal span. thank you for your assistance. I'll check back in case someone manages to provide a solution other than what autodesk has provided someone else.

i suppose i should be more specific, i resize a dialog box (quick select for example) close the dialog box, reopen it without closing autocad and it is the default size again.

This might help:

System Variable LOCKUI ("windows" as mentioned below refer to palettes)

= Toolbars & windows NOT LOCKED

= Docked toolbars locked

= Docked or anchored windows docked

= Floating toolbars locked

= Floating Windows locked

The value for the variable is a "Bitcode" which means that you can combine the variables value and add them up and use that as the variable that you enter.

ex. If you want to lock all your toolbars and palettes you would use all except the first option. The value on that would be 15...

~Greg