Laptop for sketchup

clicker

I'm currently looking for a laptop which will be able to handle sketchup with the Vray plugin. Does anyone have any recommendations. Please let me know if there are any features which would make my life easier, such as graphics cards, extra RAM, etc... Thanks!

Well make sure it has a dedicated graphics card and most importantly not an Intel HD video solution. SU is an OpenGL based program and needs a good video card. What is your budget is the real question and what OS do you want, Windows7 or OSX? I see AutoCAD 2008 so I will assume that you will go the Windows route, correct? Do you want a small screen or a larger one?

Here is a good Asus for $730 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230236

Intel Core i5 2450

6GB ram

750GB hdd

1GB nvidia GF GT610M graphics

that is one nice laptop there. at home i only use an msi cr400. (got it a couple of years ago) it gets the job done. i also use sketchup and vray. my only problem is that during rendering, the fan would go crazy! and i even clean it at least once a week.