Converting AECB devices to regular AutoCAD blocks

Comatosis

Hello everyone,

I don't even know what an AECB device really is, to be honest; I use AutoCAD 2010 and have never messed with MEP. But, that's kinda the problem, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to convert those devices back to regular acad blocks.

We have a couple of seats of MEP and Revit just to test things out and see if we'd want to switch programs at some point, but otherwise we do everything on "regular" AutoCAD. Well, one guy went ahead and made changes to our sheets using MEP, and now it's causing all kinds of headaches and compatibility issues, lol. Ideally we'd like to fix that without having to redraw entire sheets or have to redefine our drawing standards mid-project. 8)

Thanks in advance.

Exporting from MEP converts the AEC objects.

I think vanilla CAD has the command "AECOBJEXPLODE". Check the options and set them for your needs.

Drawing True View available for free from AutoDesk will also convert those objects.

• 10 years later...

Hi Comatosis

I also struggle with this, and like you we are also mid-project. I found the below mentioned command in AutoCad 2021, after setting it just select the objects again and they are normal AutoCad blocks.

Command: AECFORCEEXPLODETOSOLID
Enter new value for AECFORCEEXPLODETOSOLID <OFF>: ON