Error when saving as dxf

enemigoman

Hello:

A colleague of mine made the stupid mistake of using an unauthorized personal computer to save a work file, but she used an educational-licensed AutoCAD.

We do use legally purchsed and registered ACAD 2012 in the office. However, as expected, the file has been marked as being made by an educational version of ACAD and, therefore, cannot be sent back to our client.

A superficial search for this problem in this forum and many others on the web shows the solution as saving to dxf and back to dwg.

However -and herein lies my problem- when I save as dxf, the following error occurs:

"Error in LTYPE Table

Linetype name with vertical bar is not marked dependent on line 9540.

Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

Press ENTER to continue:"

And then nothing happens. The poor gal is doing the work all over again, but perhaps some of you has a better idea...

In case you are wondering, I used both the "save as" features, as well as the "dxf out/in" and, since both seem to be the same, neither worked.

Thanks

Did you try to substitute another linetype for the one causing the problem then running DXFOUT or doing a "save as" to a DXF file type?