convert .scr (script) into .dxf

valeluvi

Good morning to all,

i'm working for an italian company and i need some help to convert .scr files (Autocad script) into .dxf files. In particular i would like to switch from .scr to .dxf using an external code. Do you know a Fortran/c++/java/python library able to do so?

Thank you very much for any help,

best regards,

Valentina Luvisotto.

Big job you can do it basicly in any programming language a script is a text file a dxf is a text file you need to learn how a dxf file is structured they can be pretty simple and work, wblock a line DXFOUT open it up and have a look at it in notepad. Try to get a R12 or older drawing newer dwg's have a lot header info.

A better way there are tool kits out there to write DWG if your going to all that effort the tool kits would have some form of calls for line pline arcs etc to DWG.

3rd try maybe convert scripts to lisp or .net ?

Our GIS guru has done this I will try to find out what he used.

I am struggling to see what is meant here.

A script file is a list of commands which will create a drawing so I assume you need that drawing as a DXF rather than a DWG file. If this is the case you can end the script with (something like)....

SAVEAS
DXF
<>
FileName

I'm also not following ... a SCR is a file containing the keystrokes you would usually enter onto the AtoCAD command line. I'm not sure what you're after, since you'd simply run the SCR inside of AutoCAD using ACad's Script command. This would then perform all the keystrokes in that SCR file as if you typed them from the keyboard yourself.

A SCR file does not (necessarily) contain any drawing work. In fact it is usually used to clean up drawings with things like the purge command. It's mostly used to fix multiple DWG files through a batch script runner.

While it is possible to have a SCR file containing commands which would create new objects in a DWG, you'd need ACad (or a Clone like BricsCAD) to run those commands. If you're looking for an external tool / library which would perform those commands as if they're run inside A/B CAD then I'm in total darkness as to if such exists. You'd basically be looking for the entire ACad program - but without the graphical user interface.

Are you sure the SCR file is in fact an AutoCAD Script? Many programs use that extension for many things (including a similar idea of scripting). E.g. http://filext.com/file-extension/SCR