Problem with LT2012

Gary_W

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem which has only just happened?

I have LT 2012, and recently created a file in a trial version of 2013. Not a problem. But every time I opened the file in 2012 I kept getting a Proxy POP UP message... So this morning I search for a solution to get rid of this annoying POP UP.

I found the command PROXYNOTICE >0 so this is what I did, set it to Zero. So I started up the file and no message POP UP... Brillant.... BUT!!!

Ever since, my mouse buttons or scroll wheel will not work anywhere inside the model window or the Paper space window. I mean it will do nothing except move the cursor (Just the arrow displayed, No cross-hair). As soon as I noticed this (within 5 seconds) I changed the PROXYNOTICE back to 1 but the mouse functions just will not work at all???

I even did a system restore back to around 3-4 days ago, and that did not work either :(

Has anyone got any idea's of what has gone wrong? or what I can do?

Thanks,

Gaz...

SOLVED...:)

I thought I would investigate a bit further, so I started up NanoCAD and Draftsight which I also have on my PC. NanoCAD worked 100% as it should. So I turned to Draftsight, it also seemed to be working 100% but when I went to draw a line the page seemed to be constantly scrolling down! looking at the grid reference numbering it was scrolling very fast??? I first of all thought my mouse wheel had packed in...

Then I twigged... I also use SketchUp pro along with a 3Dconnexion SpacePilot, which is also on my desktop. I had in fact put a load of paper work onto of the SpacePilot.... and as sods law would have it, it was constantly scrolling because of this load of paper work... Doh!!! I didn't even realise AutoCAD would operate from a SpacePilot!!!

I'm so please it's nothing serious, and so stupid for not realising it was easy!!!

Gaz...

I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again, 2013 Vanilla doesn't play nice with earlier versions.

Shotgun effect.

Here are a few things to consider, regarding your system variable settings mostly.

You also might want to open your HIDDEN MESSAGES settings on the SYSTEM tab of your OPTIONS and see if there is any help there, in terms of displaying warnings from the software.

You may wish to reverse a previous instruction for a default response to an AEC Object issue, or something like that, which would have been moved to your HIDDEN MESSAGES dialog box.

proxy graphics.JPG

proxy display.JPG

reinit.JPG

Glad you sorted it out, remember, when all else fails look for something simple, it is usually there. :beer: