Where to find AutoCAD 2000?

Alex Moiceanu

Hi,

Is there a chance to find an AutoCAD 2000 trial licence for 30 days?

I would appreciate any answer.

Thanks in advance.

I would think not, Autodesk is not in the habit of having previous releases availible when there's a new horse in town. There are trial licences for the latest AutoCAD on Autodesks website if that would help.

The pirates life for me

CADTutor does not condone that point of view. There are alternatives such as AutoCAD clones like Bricscad, progeCAD, IntelliCAD, etc. which offer much of the same functionality at a fraction of the price.

Hi,

Is there a chance to find an AutoCAD 2000 trial licence for 30 days?

I would appreciate any answer.

Thanks in advance.

Why must it be 2000?

CADTutor does not condone that point of view. There are alternatives such as AutoCAD clones like Bricscad, progeCAD, IntelliCAD, etc. which offer much of the same functionality at a fraction of the price.

That was told as a joke.

Autodesk has a very nice student version always available, only problem you will have is whenever you print your drawing you will have AUTOCAD STUDENT VERSION on the borders so you cannot use it commercially. But hey, that works just great to study this program!

Oh by the way on Topic. Tried to google CAD 2000 , found nothing interesting. Only newer versions.

Why must it be 2000?

I have some blocks made from the 2013 AutoCAD version but saved for AutoCAD 2000 & LT 2000 users.

I want to test these blocks directly from the 2000 version to see if something can go wrong.

Other that that, if you knew other alternatives I would appreciate.

But I want to be sure that an AutoCAD 2000 version will open my blocks.

If I'll try to open them with a newer version of this software, how can I be sure that an AutoCAD 2000 user will be able to open them?

I have the disks for 2000 but unfortunately I no longer have it open. I'm sure we must have one or two members still using 2000 who would be willing to test the blocks for you.

I'm sure we must have one or two members still using 2000 who would be willing to test the blocks for you.

So how can I contact them to help me with these blocks?

And there's any chance to find a valid license for AutoCAD 2000 here, on the Internet?

It's ok even I have a 30 day trial.

Anything you find on the Internet would be most likely be pirated and CADTutor does not condone the use of pirated software.

How would you find forum members who use AutoCAD 2000? I'm not exactly sure. It's not like you are going to go through the Community listing checking each for what version they are running.

There are specific discussion groups over at the AutoDesk website based upon particular versions. Perhaps you could post there and ask for assistance testing a sample block. Here is a link...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2000-2000i-2002-Archive/bd-p/28

I have 2000i up and running on my home computer.

Of course you would have it. You're a member of the Avengers as well as a dedicated member of CADTutor.