How important drawing limit is?

uekix

Why we need to setup drawing limit in our model space when we can just adjust everything fit in our paper before plotting/printing like zooming on viewport or just use scale in layout? why we need drawing limit?

The limits will help you if intend to use the grid; other you can safely forget about adjusting limits in Model Space.

I gave up using LIMITS years ago and it hasn't affected my ability to create drawings or to work in them for that matter.

I wasn’t aware of that – thanks for correction! Seems that is about GRIDDISPLAY system variable – introduced in AutoCAD 2007 (source).

Why we need to setup drawing limit in our model space when we can just adjust everything fit in our paper before plotting/printing like zooming on viewport or just use scale in layout? why we need drawing limit?

Because your professor said so. Beyond that, there is no practical reason for drawing limits.

It's sorta like why humans still have canine teeth. Other than the occasional and unfortunate situation when one might find oneself lost in the north woods for a few weeks, thousands of years have passed since most of us have been required to rip the skin off of a dead animal with our teeth to get to the squishy bits.

Since the advent of paperspace and viewports, we no longer need limits.

Oh, and the grid is only handy if you wish all of your object snap points to land on predetermined incremented spacing. I have found it restrictive but useful in doing electrical schematics, but that is it.

Leave them both turned off, forget they are there. You will not miss them.

"...forget they are there. You will not miss them."

That sounds like good advice re: in-laws!:lol:

I like the " both turned off." part, but the Sherriff don't.;)