Auto detecting paper size

Saphira_dragon

There is no such think like paper size in dwg file. AutoCAD drawing is "divided" into Model Space, where you draw your plans, where you have notes, dimensions etc. (Oops! You can have dims in Paper Space too, can't you ReMark ;) ), and Paper Space, where you can keep layouts with title sheets. In the same drawing you can have layouts with different settings including various paper sizes, scales etc.

Please try to be more specified. What exactly do you want to do and what do you mean by auto detecting paper size? Detecting by what or by who?

I think Saphira wants to be able to somehow ascertain what paper size has been designated in a given drawing without actually opening the drawing up. I'm not sure if this is doable unless the drawing is opened myself.

One could also add that some drawings have no paper space set up.

Perhaps the OP is hoping that AutoCAD behaves like PDF files which do have a paper size.