Autocad 2013 Gradient Hatch Plots in color. How to turn off?

Jay Hatfield

I'm running autocad 2013 and it has some nice hatching options, but when I go to plot them with general layers that are setup to plot in black, they print in color. I have a monochrome.ctb file i'm using and if i plot regular lines they are fine. Anybody know how to fix?

When it comes to color selection the user has three options that are always present: Index Color, True Color and Color Book. If you click on the button with the three dots to the right of the color selection bar you'll see what I mean.

Hatch&Gradient.jpg

You do recognize this don't you?

First off i'd like to say "THANKS!" I'm sorry that I still have not figured it out. I appreciate the screen shot. See where it says "COLOR" and yellow? I guess this means it's printing yellow. How do i get it to print black and a certain line weight?

I have a sphere gradient that is cyan transitioning to yellow. Cyan and yellow usually plot different line weights of black, but when i'm plotting the hatch cyan and yellow show up as colors (cyan and yellow) I have always assigned color and line weight with "plot style manager". How do i utilize true color with the hatches i'm trying to plot, in black instead of color? You are saying i do it thru there but how?

You don't want TrueColor because you'll get color even using a monochrome CTB or STB.

Did you happen to verify what the color setting is in your monochrome.ctb plot style file?

Plot style table editor.PNG

You didn't make any changes here did you?

The only other place I can think of that you could have selected TrueColor instead of Index Color is in the Layer Properties Manager. But I'm kind of doubting that would be the cause of your problem with the gradient hatch.

Gradient hatches plot like images, you will need to set in your plotter to plot images in black & white/grayscale or use shades of gray in the gradient hatch.

• 1 year later...