Color Question

Alround

Goodmorning

I've got a question about the color system.

I am AutoCAD 2012 Civil 3D User from The Netherlands.

The problem is, when I make a new layer with the color 'red'. It apears Red in the Model tab and the Layout Tab. But when I print it, from the Layout, it's stil red and it needs to be black. It has been that way all the time since I use Autocad 2005. But somehow it's not working in 2012, maby I changed the options but I have no idea how to restore this.

I hope I gave a good explaination and I hope to receive an answer as soon as possible.

Greetings, Alround

Edited by Alround
Lock the topic, I have the answer.

I will guess that you have another CTB or STB-file now than you had back there. Take a look at the Plot Dialogue box at the right hand side (click the arrow at the bottom right if you don't see the list) to see a list of availible CTB-files.

You need to check that RED in the ctb (or STB) file. That should do it.

==========================

too slow again, and I though GB was closer to NL than Sweden.

- Are the Plot Dialogue box and the Page setup manager the samen?

If I go to the Page Setup Manager > Modify > (top of the screen) Plot style table (pen assignments).

I see I use acad.ctb

If i change it, nothing happens, it's still the same.

Sorry for being a noob.

The most likely cause is that someone (you?) selected the color red off the TrueColor palette and not the Index Color palette. Have you checked?

- Are the Plot Dialogue box and the Page setup manager the samen?

If I go to the Page Setup Manager > Modify > (top of the screen) Plot style table (pen assignments).

I see I use acad.ctb

Sorry for being a noob.

Yeah, they are pretty much the same.

When you have the acad.ctb chosen - click the Edit-button to the right of the list and find the color Red. See what plot-color Red is set as.

I see I use acad.ctb

Sorry for being a noob.

what have you changed? If you are using acad.ctb you will have to set all the colours to black yourself. does yours look something like this?

MonoPlot.jpg

I always select my color at the TrueColor palette. Most of the time I use a number, like for example '10' I use '10' when i want the layer red on the paper. When I want it just red in the model and not red at the paper, i use 'red' in words.

A color selected from the TrueColor palette will override what is selected in your CTB. So, if you are plotting using a monochrome.ctb plot style and you have a layer in your drawing that had its color set to use TrueColor it will NOT plot in black.

A color selected from the TruColor palette will override what is selected in your CTB. So, if you are plotting using a monochrome.ctb plot style and you have a layer in your drawing that had its color set to use TrueColor it will NOT plot in black.

even if you type the name RED in the Truecolor palette?

I always select my color at the TrueColor palette. Most of the time I use a number, like for example '10' I use '10' when i want the layer red on the paper. When I want it just red in the model and not red at the paper, i use 'red' in words.

Seems that there is a confusion - you cannot input indexes or names to chouse colors in TrueColor palette. Also, as ReMark stated, only colors from IndexColors palette are recognized by plot styles.

When I want it just red in the model and not red at the paper, i use 'red' in words.

Not sure how this helps?!? This effect should be achieved by overriding colors for layout(s) in Layer Manager.

It worked, thanks to dbroada. I changed the colors to the colors I want,

To the other people, also thanks for the help, I appreciate that.