Draw longsection from points

khalidkhan399

I have survey points for a water course and want to draw l-section, which command I should use to draw polyline l-section from all those points in one command, kindly reply

I'm familiar with I-sections when it comes to beams but not for water courses. Do you perhaps mean a "cross-section"?

Perhaps when the Thread title was created, a lower case "l" was mistaken for an upper case "I". The topic should therefore be "drawing a long section" which would make more sense.

Have a look at the other posts today about using excel to draw lines, when you have xyz points you need to work out the horizontal distance between the points x1y1 x2y2 then use the z values at these new pt values, the reason for suggesting excel is its easy to write the column answers with the new values and like the other post just cut and paste from excel.

length of line = sqrt[[x1-x2]^2+[y1-y2]^2]

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?759-Can-I-plot-data-from-EXCEL-in-AutoCAD

A cross section & long section from excel data has been a question for a long time maybe one day when I get time.

Thanks eldon.

Is this a 2D drawing or a 3D drawing?

Yes, it is a 2 D drawing i.e., I have to draw L-section of a road which shows elevations and depressions at various points for cut and fill above a base line

thanks

Did you have a go in excel in working out the new x,y positions for your points the forum is not a free service were others create code answers, we have to work also. More than happy to help though.

I am looking at a level book excel to cad dwg where you have done multiple cross sections and want long and cross sections produced.