Autocad 2013 - goes very slow when selecting certain tools

Miked08

Using Autocad 2013 I'm having this massive slow down when I choose a tool such as trim. All I have to do is select the trim (or chamfer etc) button for example and it's as though I get a framerate of about 5. I've never had a problem in 2012.

Rough pc specs:

win7 x64

8gb ram

i3-2100 3.1ghz

amd radeon hd 6700 (latest drivers installed)

The pc specs are fine - perhaps an issue with the graphic card?

I do yes - although not quite sure what you mean by tweaked - it's still on the default settings anyway.

I'm only drawing in 2D and the cad file isn't complex at all - maybe 300 straight lines.

I do yes - although not quite sure what you mean by tweaked - it's still on the default settings anyway.

I'm only drawing in 2D and the cad file isn't complex at all - maybe 300 straight lines.

If you are working in 2D probably not so relevant then, working in 3D it would he helpful.

Good call ReMark! Cannot believe I hadn't tried a brand new drawing!

So, everything's fine now cheers. I guess that my template file is a bit messed up - bit annoying that I'll have to create them again but nevermind, everything's nice and quick now. Ta

Have you tried running the command line version of the PURGE command (once for Regapps and once for All) then running an Audit of your template file?