Scale factor

Shilpika Negi

I have imported some auto cad files from a software named arcgis 10. The files are opening perfectly. But when I 'am importing the boundary on those files , the scale/size of the boundary is too large. Is there any option in autocad by which we can reduce the scale as per rest of the layers.

Whether you are importing the files as Blocks (INSERT) or attaching them as X-refs (ATTACH) there is still an option in the dialogue box that says Scale where you can input whatever scale you require.

You can also after the files are in your drawing highlight it, bring up the Properites pane (type PR) and change the Scale there.

Edited by Tiger
INSERT not IMPORT. Doh!

Hi,

I 'am trying to reduce the scale after importing it through insert command. But nothing is happening.

The original scale of the boundary after importing is coming as 1.0000

I need to reduce it heavily. Can you suggest. Or is their any minimum scale that can be set?

There is also the command SCALE where you can scale down your boundary however you like. Beware if you are working with coordinates if you need to use Origo as baspoint for your scaling though.

If the problem persists, perhaps you can upload one or both of the files here so we can take a look at it and see if there's something else wrong?

I have attached a screen-shot. You can clearly see the boundary and in side that boundary there is a small re point which is my workspace. I have seperatedly uploaded a screen shot for it named 'workspace view'.

workspace view.jpg

scale factor.jpg

have you tried any of the options that I have suggested? You can set the scale to be less than 1 in the Properties Panel if that is still too big.

If you are working in the metric system (meter, millimeters) I would suggest scaling with 100 or 1000 intervals. If you are working with the imperial system, I can't suggest any number to scale with.

If those blocks were created for an imperial measurement environment, then may check the settings under: Options --> User Preferences --> Insertion scale.