Running AutoCAD LT on Two Monitors

smokediver576

Searched but cannot find the exact info I need.

I have two monitors hooked up to my system. One is the laptops screen and the other is an external monitor. All is working as it should with the two monitors.

My question is this:

I've opened up widget B on monitor 1 and I've got some information that's on widget A that I want to look at while working on widget B. My idea is that I would open both widgets and have one open on one monitor and the other open on monitor 2.

Problem is: I cannot get it to do this. I can move all of ACLT to one monitor or the other but not both at the same time.

Now, I did figure out that if I opened the program twice that I could get it to work but my concern is using up processor speed to do this.

Any suggestions from the Kings of AutoCAD?

Thanks,

The Body Armor Guy

If you make sure that your AutoCAD window is NOT maximised, you should be able to resize your window across both monitors. Similarly un-maximise your two drawing windows to palce them side by side.

dJE

If you make sure that your AutoCAD window is NOT maximised, you should be able to resize your window across both monitors. Similarly un-maximise your two drawing windows to palce them side by side.

dJE

I tried both dragging only the single drawing window and the full program window. I can drag the program from one monitor to the other without any issue but if I try and grab a drawing window and drag it, it stops at the edge of the monitor it's showing on. Basically, I need widget A for reference on monitor 1 and widget B on monitor 2 where I'm working on the part.

Are these "widgets" on two separate drawings, or the same drawing.

If two separate drawings, then I would open two separate instances of AutoCad and put one on each monitor.

If the same drawing, drag your AutoCAD program across both monitors, and create 2 viewports?

Are these "widgets" on two separate drawings, or the same drawing.

If two separate drawings, then I would open two separate instances of AutoCad and put one on each monitor.

If the same drawing, drag your AutoCAD program across both monitors, and create 2 viewports?

Sorry about that, I should have been more clear. These are two separate drawing files. widgetA.dwg and widgetB.dwg.

I was hoping to avoid running dual loads of the program the keep the CPU cooler but it looks like this may be my only way to make it work.

Thanks for all the help. I was just thinking that I was missing something and that there was an easy fix.

Later,

A

if u open 2 file drawing in to monitor, runing 1 by 1 so for load it use one program only, CPU still work just for one program not both.