Model space zooms out, way out

JJuno

Every time I switch back to model space from a layout view, the model space view zooms way out. This is a recent problem and I must have changed something to set this view problem. Every time I go back to model space I have to zoom in on a spec and find the area I was working on. Placing text in paper space is a real pain when switching back and forth is necessary. Any suggestions?

Maybe you have some geometry that is way off in space that you are unaware of. A copy command could have gone astray and you didn't know it?

The problem is probably what ReMark suggested. Zoom out one more click after returning to the layout and then use selection windows around the edges of your display to find the rogue object(s). Alternately, you can use SELECT > ALL and you may see the rogue object's grips light up.

Regardless of what you find or don't find, changing UCSFOLLOW to 0 should prevent the automatic zooms when you return to a layout.

There is also an automatic zoom extents option hidden away inside the VIEWCUBE settings.

The first thing I usually try is switching my visual style to CONCEPTUAL, which makes it a little easier to see a small remote object, though I think I prefer the (CTRL+A) select all option, now that I think about it. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Just a thought a lisp getvar extmax & extmin then zoom C at say 100 this should find the offending object. Not tested

(command "zoom" "C" (getvar "extmax") 100)
(getstring "\npress any key or else press Esc)
(command "zoom" "C" (getvar "extmin") 100)

Had a go may need to play with c value not 100