Wrap a 3D object around a Cylinder

CAD2013

Hello everyone!

For more than 5 months, I am challenging myself to discover how we can WRAP a 3D object around a cylinder in either Autocad or Inventor!!!!

For instance, how we can wrap a 3d tree/leaf around a cylinder (see the attachment please).

Someone please solve this puzzle for me! I'm done!:cry:

Thanks a lot!

SCREENSHOT.jpg

Bend part, trim surface and thicken or emboss wrap to face (Listen to JD - he's knows his stuff).

3D_Vase_Colored Face.jpg

Another way you could go, with your vase, would be to cut the 3D object into the cylinder then color the face like this. Also created using ancient AutoCAD.

Also created using ancient AutoCAD.

You must have missed this part in BOLD in the original problem description

how we can WRAP a 3D object

There is no way to wrap in AutoCAD. There are tricks to sort of give the impression of wrap. But it remains that there is no built-in tool to wrap (unless it is in 2013, of which I have no experience).

In any case, the OP contacted me by PM weeks ago and I gave instructions on how to do what can be done in AutoCAD. Apparently they weren't satisfied with my answer and need more detail.

Getting kind of "picky" there aren't we? Yes, there is no WRAP command in AutoCAD. My tree-like object does wrap around the exterior of the cylinder. So I guess we could call it a "wrap". Well, I can even if you can't. It's just a matter of semantics.

Maybe your instructions (weeks ago) weren't clear enough so the OP came here to get a better explanation?

It's just a matter of semantics.

If it is just a matter of semantics lets see you wrap a sine curve around a cylinder. Or any non-distorted emblem type wrap.

That is, real world part is wrapped around another real world part. While I'm sure it can be done some how, some way, my impression is that the OP is looking for the Easy Button. I suggest looking in Inventor for that button.

I suspect a true wrap isn't needed (given the information supplied) and an approximation would be good enough - but since the OP wasn't satisfied with the step-by-step dwg file that I supplied and placed in bold the word WRAP in problem description, sounds to me like their problem description might be a bit more pickier than I first assumed.

"If it is just a matter of semantics lets see you wrap a sine curve around a cylinder. Or any non-distorted emblem type wrap."

When I have a free moment I'll get right on it JDM.

I ran with what the OP presented as his "sample" drawing. If my method does not fit his needs he can always resort to using yours. Makes no difference to me.