RTEXT displays as a proxy entity

SB-cad

Hi all.

Since I am new to this forum, please correct me if my format is not correct...

Our office has upgraded to new Windows 7 computers with AutoCAD 2013.

For the last (3) years, we have had an RTEXT in our titleblock file that shows the path, file name, date, and time. This RTEXT thingy was originally copied from a consultants file to ours. The titleblock file is x-reffed to the other sheet files, and has been working fine in all files until the upgrade.

Now, when we open a file, the only thing that is shown for the RTEXT is the bounding box. This happens on all of our computers. The express tools are installed. If I type RTEXT > [enter], it displays correctly and will work fine ... until the CAD is shut down. If it is re-opened, once again, just the bounding box.

How do I fix this? Typing the command every time I open the file is a nuisance for me, and is something that others in the office would never get used to doing.

RText seems to work fine on 2012. I cannot recreate the problem. Don't have 2013 to test although I have a similar problem with AutoCAD ADT3.3 running on 64 bit OS. Are you running 32 bit version on 64 bit OS?

Now, when we open a file, the only thing that is shown for the RTEXT is the bounding box..... How do I fix this?

What is DEMANDLOAD set to?

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issues on my AutoCAD 2012 software at home, however, the rtext displays fine on my AutoCAD 2012 software at work. The only difference between the two is my home computer is 64-BIT while my work PC is 32-BIT. Express tools in installed on both.

Ok. I followed the links to download the file that seemed closest to my installation ... AutoCAD Architecture 2013.

I attempted to install it pretty much blindly, since it is in GERMAN ... and I don't know German. It didn't work ... but then, I don't know if I installed it right. I started to do AutoDesk and Google searches to try to find an English version ... but ... it is 5:00, day before Turkeyday. I'll try this again next week.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds like you downloaded AutoCAD Architecture 2013 D-A-CH Extension Object Enabler

Which is for

The D-A-CH Erweiterungen 2013 Object Enabler is a tool which allows a

limited editing of D-A-CH Erweiterungen 2013 drawings on systems

which have the application not installed.

D-A-CH Erweiterungen 2013 projects can be visualized on computers

without the base application D-A-CH Erweiterungen 2013 and can

be edited in a limited way.

For AutoCAD Architecture 2013 I see all of these Object Enablers. You should probably download and install all of them.

AutoCAD® Architecture 2013

One thing I don't get... If the object enablers are part of what AutoCAD needs to work properly, why aren't they just part of the AutoCAD install?

They are for working with files/objects that were created with AutoCAD verticals. They are not necessary unless you work with these types of files.

D-A-CH (or DACH) is the acronym for an AutoCAD extension which incorporates special settings etc for Germany (D), Austria (A) and Switzerland (CH) and yes it is all in German. You don't need this object enabler if you do not have any objects created by the DACH Extension and it relates to Civil 3D and Archtecture.

The only thing that we have that is an issue with the RTEXT is the plot stamp (or whatever it is called) line that I copied a few years ago from an electrical consultant's file to add to our masters ... that shows the file path, file name, date, and time that we plot. We didn't have to do anything special at that time (ACAD 2009?) for it to work ... it just did. Now, it just shows a bounding box until we type RTEXT.

I could be wrong, but I think when the office upgraded, we had the choice to install 32 or 64 bit ... we all did the 64 bit to go along with our new 64 bit Win-7 Pro machines ... bought specifically so we could also install Revit, which wouldn't install on our older machines with XP.

• 7 years later...

I have used Rtext for years with no problems then it started showing the proxy entity box as stated above.  By typing the command rtext and then escape and regen, the date would appear.  But this needed to be done each CAD session.  And it didn't work for publisher.  So I tried adding the rtext lisp to appload and the history suite.  Then added Express to my menu as the remote text (rtext) is part of Express.  Finally I noticed that under Options, Open and Save, my Object ARX apps was set to something I previously hadn't been set to.  So I changed it to "Object detect and command invoke"  and "Show proxy graphics".  (I think that it needs to be on "Show proxy graphics" or the entire rtext will be hidden.)  Then I shut AutoCAD and shut down the computer for a few minutes to dump any ram.  I restarted and the rtext worked automatically.  I tested publisher and it plotted with the date showing.  Not exactly sure what fixed the issue in the end, but perhaps this will help anyone who is running across this issue.